Friday, October 4, 2013

Camping

  About a week ago, several friends and I went on a cool camping trip, so I thought that it would be fitting for me to share with you some of the highlights of that memorable experience.
  First, the surroundings. Our camping environment had a concrete platform that lay about two yards away from the tent, upon which was a concrete table, complete with concrete benches. Not exactly what I would call comfy. But, of course, we were camping, so what should we expect? As it was, it did not pose an enthusiasm-dampener for anyone.
  The tent rested on dirt.(Surprise!) We were able to fit in one big mattress and two smaller ones, which we placed our sleeping-bags on. I had a interesting time with a few bees who imagined it a fitting location to land. They were wrong, I soon proved, although they managed to get me out before I them. Eventually though, after several tries, I managed to fail again. They grew tired of their surroundings and flew out on their own. Let this be a lesson of perseverance.
  A road lay between us and the nearest bathroom, though many would rather travel to the one far down the road instead, for good reason too. Let it be simply put this way: YOU DO NOT WANT TO GO IN THERE. The water spout was located nearby, with a playground somewhat behind.
  These are the basics of our layout. Our fellows' campgrounds were not far away, (we could talk normally and those nearest us could hear without much trouble.)with similar settings.

  I have some urgent business to attend to right now, and typing all of these events would take too long, at the moment, anyway, so later I will finish the telling. As for now though, Adieu!!!

2 comments:

  1. I finally found your blog, it looks great!

    That camping trip was fun, not to mention primitive. I hope y'all still had fun though, not all of the places we go camping are nasty. Promise. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, typing the events does take a while. My journal probably has eight pages already just on this particular camping trip. I like details, I guess. Someday when I'm older I'm going to want to come back and read all of them.

    ReplyDelete